Selling a property affected by Japanese knotweed
Most people, upon finding out they have this issue, tend to brush it under the carpet and think of it as nothing more than garden weeds. A dangerous mistake to make! Japanese knotweed is quick to spread and can damage your walls; it’s strong enough to break through concrete!
Adding to this, the fact that Japanese knotweed can become extremely expensive to remove and actually take up to 5 years to fully remove!
If you aren’t keen to handle the jungle of weeds sprouting in your garden or have had this extremely stressful problem for a number of months, Property Escape will buy your property cash and hassle free.
The issues of having properties with Japanese knotweed
There are a few issues relating to properties with this unusual problem. These include:
- Finding yourself with an unsellable property, people don’t typically want to touch a property with Japanese knotweed.
- Left untreated there’s the likelihood of structural damage to your home.
- Having to fork out between 3-6k at best to solve the issue and worst case up to £200k!
The process to sell property with Japanese knotweed?
There’s a very limited number of options if you’re a homeowner with this nasty problem. You could either:
- Put it on with an estate agent and hope someone may be willing to overlook this issue.
- Sell at a somewhat compromised price to a cash buying property site.
If your school of thought is tending towards the latter then Property Escape will endeavour to offer you the best price it can for the property in question. Call our friendly customer service on 0203 916 5960 or alternatively fill in one of the web forms.